Monday 7 November 2011

CV - Problems!

So i'm trying to post my cv online, and i am experiencing some difficulties! 
While many people may say that what is written on the cv is more important than how it is presented, i have pride in the work i have done on the presentation of my CV.  I feel that when it lands on sombodys desk, a well laid out and easily readable CV can make the difference.

So after tweeking and updating my cv, i have tried to post it online.  When going through google documents, although the base information uploaded, the conversion just couldnt handle the tables, blocks of text and formatting that are required to give the right impression.  Equally, some people have posted their CVs as blog posts, and again, i dont want to  be represented by an unformatted, unprepared peice of text.

I will keep looking and searching for a way to post a link to my complete and ready CV.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nick, Post it to Google docs :D

    https://docs.google.com/?tab=wo&authuser=0#home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick,

    I had exactly the same problem when I was uploading mine on to Google Docs and like you I wanted it to look like it would if I gave it to an employer. I was told that I would have to reformat it on google docs, so after I had uploaded it. Unfortunately I have not got round to doing that yet but I thank you for reminding me that it still needs to be done!

    I will keep you updated if I find a good way of doing it and hope that if you find something you could give me some hints too.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try taking a copy of you CV and completely getting rid of the formatting and then put in Google docs to reformat - OR scan OR SAVE FROM WORD -go to print and a drop down tab let's you save as a pdf. and upload to Google docs using upload button IT IS BY THE CREATE BUTTON TO THE LEFT- I just did a trial on mine and seemed to work ok...

    Carry on with posts about other things as well - reflective practice and professional networking... technical stuff can delay but also don't wait ... you will miss the momentum.

    ReplyDelete