Wednesday 16 November 2011

Journal musings

So a few things i want to share from my journal...

So the main point is that i went to a casting for a small part in and advert, and was successful!  The casting was an acting screen test, and although i have had acting training i am much more comfortable and consider myself very much a dancer.

I have been to acting castings before and normally expect to hear nothing back.  So what was different this time?  I'm sure i was suitable for the role and conducted myself professionally etc, but for the first time in my professional acting career, I DID A WARM UP!

Doing a warm up must be lesson one in acting class, but loosening up the spine, working the tongue and making silly faces can be embarrassing in a room where no one else is.

I am sure that this is not the only reason i got the job, however how much more proof do you need? Warm up, no matter how silly you feel, because it pays off.  Literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment